Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kinect for Windows Opens Opportunities

I’ve been a programmer for over 30 years and I’ve had the honor and privilege to work on many fun projects.  For the last ten years most of my work has been on WinPatrol which has been very rewarding but not necessarily fun.

When the Kinect sensor was released for XBox it almost made me want an XBox for our playroom. Unfortunately, we had enough invested in the Nintendo Wii including the Beatles Rock Band and Wii Fit which gets used the most. On February 1st, Microsoft will begin selling a Kinect Sensor for WindowsKinect for Windows.

 
Click for More Info and pricing

Now comes the hard part, The possibilities are endless when it comes to the type of application I could create that uses the Kinect. I suspect there will be a wide variety of programs that will use the Kinect Sensor. I doubt a Kinect interface for WinPatrol is needed but hopefully I’ll come up with an idea that generates as much usefulness.

I’m not an artist but I probably won’t be creating a game. Most likely I’ll create way to interface the Kinect with other programs. I already have some experience controlling external programs so I just need to find the right combination of actions and results.  If you have any needs or ideas leave a comment.

Share on Facebook


2 Comments:

Anonymous Creatin said...

I have bought it from amazon too.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Manuel said...

I have bought it from ebay. And i like it.

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home