Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Sunday, July 24, 2011

DroidPatrol Provides PLUS Info for only $1.99

Two years ago when I first started to use my Motorola Droid I knew immediately the Android operating system had a future.  Dreams of a future product made me register the domain “DroidPatrol.com”. Today, the first step in this dream comes true. Anyone with an Android device can go to the Google market and purchase the first release of “DroidPatrol”.
droidhr

Like WinPatrol the first version of DroidPatrol will be a simple application. New features will be created and added to DroidPatrol so that our new app will soon provide the main WinPatrol feature of letting you know if unexpected changes occur to your Android device.  One of the benefits of the Google Marketplace is that updates can be provided automatically.

droid1

The first version of DroidPatrol will sell for only $1.99 but will provide access to the WinPatrol PLUS database, part of the $29.95 value of WinPatrol PLUS. 

If you do use WinPatrol, DroidPatrol will provide PLUS features available directly from your Droid device any where you are.

droid2

You don’t have to be a WinPatrol user to use the features of DroidPatrol. Just like WinPatrol PLUS you can enter the name of any file and we'll let you know in human terms what a file does or if you even need the file.

So go to your Droid now and search the market for “DroidPatrol” or go to the online Android Market.

Share on Facebook


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding! I'm in. Just purchased.

Brian Fiori (AKA The Dean)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Reb Mordechai Reviews said...

I've just purchased as well even though I'm already a Plus member.

Looking forward to updates. Should be interesting.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Tibor Lovey said...

Sadly, can't access the app at the market. I am from Croatia.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I purchased Droidpatrol (I am a WinPatrol Plus user) because of my experience with winpatrol plus. So far I don't see the purpose of this app. I entered my plus credentials. I tried to do a lookup but am getting a 404 error.

When I originally entered my creds and clicked save, there was no indication that it indeed did save the info.

Look forward to updates.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Aaron aka Frank said...

Purchased and tested, but the search leads me to a 404 page if I search for "w3wp.exe" - but if I search for ctfmon.exe it works fine.

10:50 PM  
Blogger michaelgwynn said...

i'm a huge WP fan, for many years now. i paid for and d/led DP yesterday... but it does somewhat look like a work in progress.

just like Tom, i loaded my WP username and key and clicked 'save'... and nothing happened. did i do something wrong?

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Russell Voice said...

Hi Bill, Russell Voice, medically disabled in extreme rural Eastern Colorado,(tornado alley)I cannot begin to express my gratitude for your kind donation of the WinPatrol program back in 2003-2004 my caregiver & I were tricked last October into deactivating my Motorola 4DTV C/Ku Band Satellite Receiver by www.callnps.com & their co-hort DISH Network & I can't find any contact info for satellite up/down link providers to get a rehit for a non Motorola satellite receiver & figured a worldly fellow such as yourself might be able to steer me in the right direction!
Thanks again
Russell Voice

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a new user of WinPatrol and love the feature that tells you what the programs are. I didn't understand any of the Id's
Shar

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, I can't find the app on Google Play and am from the US. Did Google remove it?

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry for the confusion by having this post remain active.

Google did not remove it, I did. In doing the research on Android infections I found it difficult to keep up with all the attack vectors being used to infect a phone or other Android device.

WinPatrol users have come to expect a high quality of software from BillP Studios. I have not been able to provide that same level of quality and safety for Android users. While I am confident with my knowledge of internal Windows functionality, I can't claim the expertise with Android that is required to keep folks safe. I don't know all the tricks being used by hackers. For now I've removed DroidPatrol from Google store.

Bill

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home