Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

International Support Important to WinPatrol

 

japan_flag   Support for our friends in Japan


Like everyone we’re anxious to help our friends in Japan deal with their recent tragedy with dignity. Our non-profit of choice is called “ShelterBox”. I first learned about ShelterBox through their affiliation with Rotary International.

“Each box supplies an extended family of up to 10 people with a tent and essential equipment to use while they are displaced or homeless.”

box-contentsTent

For the rest of this week revenue from the upgrades of WinPatrol PLUS will be donated ShelterBox for relief efforts in Japan. If you’ve been considering upgrading to PLUS this is the week to do it.

You might consider this International Week here at BillP Studios. Our focus is dedicated toward our friends outside the United States.

spain_flag norway_flag poland_flag brazil_flag netherlands_flag italy_flag sweden_flag portugal_flag turkey_flag 

There’s a new version of WinPatrol 2011 available. While I’m still looking at a number of unique problems with WinPatrol the newest version provides a fix to Windows 64 bit users with localized versions of WinPatrol. Until now there was a bug in seeing local text on anyone running Windows 64 Vista or Win7. Downloading the new version isn’t necessary unless you use non-English versions on a Windows 64 bit version. Other fixes are on the way.

Update: 20.0.2011.2 Fixed repeating alert that appears related to Windows 7 SP1 and Auto update monitoring

Share on Facebook


3 Comments:

Anonymous Bilderrahmen said...

That's a pretty good concept concerning how many people worry whether their donated money is really used in a sanse-making way!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill, I have been a long term (registered) user of WinPatrol Plus for me and my family.
I have never heard of ShelterBox until now, and it's even based in my country (UK)!
I agree with the previous comment about wondering where money donated to charity actually goes to.
I have therefore donated an amount equal to Super Family Pack directly to ShelterBox.
It's not that I dont trust you to send the money, But here in the UK when you send money to a charity you can also "GiftAid" it.
Basically GiftAid allows the charity to claim back the Income Tax I paid to the Government when I received my salary from my employer.
Tony
Wirral UK

5:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good points. As far as tax benefit goes you probably wouldn't be able to claim this because you are receiving a value in WinPatrol PLUS. The extra value is knowing that your purchase will be going to Shelterbox.
I encourage all my well off WinPatrol users to go to Shelterbox and donate more.

I learned by Shelterbox from my local Rotary club. I chose this charity because I have a lot of faith in Rotary and it seemed to me as the most appropriate product that could offer direct help and dignity to those in need.

I'm grateful for your participation and especially having someone else share the Shelterbox idea.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home