Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Best Games for the Wii

Like many of you we had a very Wii Christmas.  Everyone on Twitter seems to be talking about their new Wii and our three adult daughters all received new Wii’s from Santa.


Everyone on Twitter is either nursing their sore Wii arms and asking the Wii pros what game to get next. I’ve had my share of Wii injury’s so I thought I’d share my favorites.


Wii Fit


The ultimate addition to your Wii is of course the Wii Fit.  This was a popular gift over the holidays. Our daughter Amy has already been shopping online for a Wii Fit hoping to have it at her house in Portland by the time she returns.  We had planned on a Wii Fit for her February birthday but she couldn’t wait. 


Mario Kart for Nintendo Wii


This is probably my favorite. I’m not a real gamer but I’ve had a blast with this one. We have grand kids in Germany and every Saturday we connect to the Internet, play Mario Kart and race against the kids in real-time.



Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga is a true game for all ages.  Our six year old grandson has mastered this game which requires a combination of fast action and a puzzle-like thought process.  We can also play this one together and seriously play as equals.


Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels scared me when I first saw it but then I realized the kids don’t actually hit each other.  They swing the lightsaber and the characters on the screen do the fighting.
Tyler and Tristan in a battle


I’ve only scratched the surface of great games and it’s time for me to play again. Please share your ideas. What are your favorite Wii Games?  Click on Comments and let us know.


For the programmers out there I have one other recommendation. Learn how to create a program on your PC that uses the Wii controllers by checking out Coding4Fun: 10 .NET Programming Projects for Wiimote, YouTube, World of Warcraft, and More.
Coding4Fun by Brian Peek and Dan Fernandez


 

Share on Facebook


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still really love Wii Sports, but Mario Kart is fun too. Still planning to pick up a Wii Fit though. We played a little American Idol and the Disney singing game over at a friends house, and that was surprisingly fun.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We played Links Crossbow at a party last night, and the kids (and I) were pretty impressed. Not bloody or gory, lots of fun...

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home