Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Congrats Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals

Today, Microsoft provided the award of MVP (Most Valuable Professional) to number of bright and outstanding individuals who devote their time to help others. I’ve always had a lot of respect for Microsoft MVP’s and today I’ve been given the honor to join them.

Microsoft notified me this morning that I’ve been selected as a Microsoft MVP.

The Microsoft MVP Award Program recognizes and thanks outstanding members of technical communities for their community participation and willingness to help others. The MVP Award is given to exceptional technical community leaders who foster the free and objective exchange of knowledge by actively sharing their real-world expertise with technology users. The MVP Award celebrates the most active community members from around the world who provide invaluable online and offline expertise that enriches the community experience and makes a difference in technical communities that feature Microsoft products.


While I had been approached by Microsoft to see if I was interested, the award was still a little bit of a surprise.  It’s no secret that I haven’t spent much time promoting Windows Vista and I have been slightly critical of the auto update process.  I’m impressed and humbled that the folks at Microsoft honored me with this title.  I promise to continue speaking out when I can offer some constructive criticism but I’m still thrilled to be included in a group of exceptional professions.

I would especially like to thank those MVP’s who nominated me and helped Microsoft think I was worthy. It’s been a decade since I worked out at the Redmond campus so I look forward to next years MVP Global Summit and meeting my fellow MVP’s.


 

Labels: , ,

Share on Facebook


12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bill. I'd say the award was well deserved.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Corrine said...

Microsoft MVPs: "Independent Experts, Real World Answers".

No doubt about it, Bill, the description fits you to a tee. Highly deserved.

Sincere congratulations!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bill, you certainly deserve the award. Take care!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Gordon Bennet said...

No one deserves this more than you, Bill: you have been the professional whose views I most value since I discovered WinPatrol and then your blog. Congratulations and thanks for all the wisdom.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Congratulations Bill.

You are most deserving and your community is proud and honored with you.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bill, well deserved!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Congratulations Bill! You certainly deserve it.

I hope I get to meet you at the next Summit.

Manny Carvalho
MS MVP Windows

7:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well deserved. I paid for WinPatrol years ago. I never install a Win OS without it going in before anything else.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bill (or should that be Scotty who was awarded :) )

I probably will not be at the global sumit, but have just returned from the UK & Ireland Reginal one, they are well worth going to.

Regards.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Clif said...

Congratulations Bill.

You deserve the recognition.

Have fun!

Clif
http://freewarewiki.com

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations, Bill!! You deserve it, thats for sure! WinPatrol is a great program and I will not be without it! And your support of our troops is GREAT! Thanks, Bill!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Bill.

Congratulations, the honor is well-deserved.

Terry

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home