Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Fans, Don't Read This

No, I’m not going to tell you who dies in the last chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I’m going to explain why the internet seems so much faster today.

Millions of Harry Potter readers who might otherwise be online are home reading or afraid to sign on because they might find out Harry’s fate by accident. My sister-in-law Mary sent out this Email recently to give us warning and I doubt she’s alone.

“Okay, the HP spoiler frenzy is hitting unforeseen levels. A co-worker just told me that Fly92 is going to read the supposed last chapter on the radio this morning. I am therefore going in to hiding. It's going to kill me, but I am going to stay off of the internet until HP7 is read, I'm not listening to any radio station and the TV is going to have to wait too. My iPod is now my only form of entertainment. Good grief... I may go mad, lol!! “


In other useless news, the President of the United States went in for a colonoscopy today. Some might wonder if he scheduled this day off so he could read Harry Potter but I’m not sure it’s available on audio cassette yet. My wife Cindi was quick to note because of the pre-exam prep this may be a historic day. It’s one day when George Bush isn’t full of shit.

Enjoy your weekend! Smile and the whole world smiles with you

Labels: , , ,

Share on Facebook


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, while I try to come up with inviting subject lines, I never would have expected the reaction to todays post.

My stats show a huge number of people have come here after searching for the ending. I feel like a Blog whore and apologize to anyone who came here looking for the secret ending.

Actually, if you have read this far, then welcome and good luck in your search.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Corrine said...

"Some might wonder if he scheduled this day off so he could read Harry Potter but I’m not sure it’s available on audio cassette yet. My wife Cindi was quick to note because of the pre-exam prep this may be a historic day. It’s one day when George Bush isn’t full of shit."


Forget HP7. What got me were your & Cindi's comments. I laughed so hard that my dogs started barking.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ditto Corrine's observation. A high-five to Cindi!

Jim..a long time user of WinPatrol. Wouldn't be without it.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home