Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hello Origami, Bye Bye Blackberry

I still can’t help feeling that Microsoft orchestrated last weeks leak about the Origami Project. Blogs we’re full of photos, videos and stories about this new device.  According to Robert Scoble’s Blog, there will be an official announcement on Thursday, March 9th on http://channel9.msdn.com/


Intel’s Origami Prototype
Origami
Thanks to Scott Ard/CNet News.com

Meanwhile, Pocket-lint in the UK is showing a slightly different image.

Origami

According to Scobleizer

It’s not an iPod killer.
It’s not a portable Xbox.
It’s not an OQO killer.
It’s not a PSP killer.
It’s not a Nokia N90 killer either..
It’s not a Treo 700w killer either…
Hey, Palm Addicts, it’s not a Palm killer either.

I note, as of today, there’s no denial of it being a BlackBerry killer.  I tend to be suspicious but I can’t help repeating what I suggested 10 days ago.  The timing of this announcement comes at a very vulnerable time for the BlackBerry. I’m not the only one who thinks someone planned this early pre-announcement but it probably won’t stop me from getting one when it’s available.

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home