Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Horror stories wanted

There’s a new sheriff in town.
StopBadware.org

Announced today, a new initiative led by Harvard Law School's Berkman Center for Internet & Society and Oxford University's Oxford Internet Institute. Corporate sponsors include  Google, Lenovo ( formerly IBM PC Computing Division), and  Sun Microsystems, Inc.

The group has adopted the term “Badware” to better define spyware, malware and deceptive adware. Adware companies frequently complain about being lumped together with Spyware.  Other companies and organizations have been quick to offer their support to this alliance which sees itself as a “Neighborhood Watch” of badware.

No matter what your level of computing knowledge, everyone is invited to get involved. Tell your badware horror story, submit technical data and/or participate in discussions by going to http://www.stopbadware.com/home/get_involved.

Share on Facebook


1 Comments:

Blogger IQ Fitness Blog said...

I searched google for my web site today and found that it was blocked.
I have tried all day to find out why. I only have two links and both of these can still be googled.
In the last few weeks I started an advertising campaign listing a my web site without the www. Because of this block I am losing thousands of dollars at a critical time of the year. This block may ruin my business.
I seems to me that a business should be warned and given a certain period of time before they are blocked.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home